Birmingham World journalist Charlie Haffenden has revealed on Twitter that Leandro Trossard has now been ‘isolated’ by Roberto De Zerbi amidst interest from Tottenham.
Multiple outlets over the last couple of days, including 90 min, have suggested that Brighton are open to cashing in on Trossard during the current transfer window despite taking up the option to extend his contract till 2024.
It has been said that Spurs are being kept informed about the winger’s situation even though he is not the North London club’s top target. Alasdair Gold stated on a Q&A in Football.London earlier this week that he has heard that Trossard ‘is being offered around’ to clubs.
Haffenden’s latest update has now seemingly shed light on why that is the case, with the journalist taking to social media to reveal that the Brighton boss has been far from impressed with the Belgian’s attitude.
He claimed that De Zerbi has ‘isolated’ the 28-year-old after being left unimpressed following the Belgian’s return from World Cup duty in Qatar. Here’s what Haffenden tweeted:
🚨 Excl: Leandro Trossard has now been isolated by Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi. Belgium international hasn’t been his usual self since returning from the World Cup and RDZ is far from impressed. Tottenham are monitoring his situation. #BHAFC #THFC pic.twitter.com/Du9N97yhSi
— Charlie Haffenden (@JournoHaff) January 12, 2023
Spurs Web Opinion
Based on these various reports, it seems like Trossard has become an option for Spurs purely because of his falling out with Brighton, instead of the winger being identified by the the north Londoners as one of their top targets.
So, it is likely that the Lilywhites are eying the Belgian as a backup option if they are unable to get their top attacking targets. Having said that, the opportunity to sign Trossard could be seen as an ideal by Conte as the 28-year-old’s versatility would make him a very useful squad player to have.
Have something to tell us about this article?